About Monaco Corp
Shriro is a leading Kitchen Appliances and Consumer Products marketing and
distribution group operating in Australia and New Zealand. The Group markets and
distributes an extensive range of products under company-owned brands (including
Omega, Robinhood, Everdure and Omega Altise), and third-party brands (such as
Casio, Blanco and Pioneer) in Australia and New Zealand.
Shriro employs approximately 265 FTE employees, including around 100 sales and
marketing staff in Australia and New Zealand. Shriro also has an additional 8 team
members based in China, focusing on product sourcing, quality control and
The Group has five company-operated distribution centres and two third-party
logistic (3PL) distribution centres. Shriro also has over 1,000 in-store displays in
Retailer stores and operates four showrooms across Australia which are utilised for
promotional activities including cooking demonstrations and product launches. The
Group’s head office and main showroom is located in Kingsgrove, New South Wales.
Shriro has a trading history spanning more than 32 years and has a long association with the Casio brand, having distributed Casio’s products in Australia since 1982. Since 2001, Shriro has implemented a growth strategy focused on selective brand acquisitions and new product development and innovation, starting with the acquisition of Everdure in that year. In 2010, Shriro acquired Monaco Corporation which expanded the Group into New Zealand.
In 2011, Shriro acquired Hagemeyer Brands, the distributor and marketer of home appliance and lifestyle brands such as Omega, Blanco and Omega Altise. In 2013 the Group acquired Robinhood
Board of Directors
At Listing, the Board will comprise three Non-Executive Directors (two of whom are independent, including the Chairman) and the Chief Executive Officer.
The Directors bring to the Board relevant skills and experience, including industry and business knowledge, financial management and corporate governance experience. John Ingram, Michael Westrup, Vasco Fung and Greg Laurie were appointed as directors of Shriro Holdings Limited upon its incorporation on April 2015.
- John Ingram was appointed Chairman to the Board of Shriro Holdings Limited in April 2015. John has over 30 years of industry experience.
- John currently serves as Chairman of ASX listed Nick Scali Ltd and is a Trustee Director of Australian Super.
- Previously John was Managing Director of Crane Group Ltd. Chairman of Wattyl Ltd and a Non -Executive Director of Rinker Materials Corporation and UGL Limited.
- Mr Ingram is an Emeritus Councillor of the Australian Industry Group and a past National President.
- John is a Fellow of CPA in Australia.
- Michael Westrup was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Shriro in 1995 and has over 35 years of industry knowledge and experience.
- Michael has been a director of Shriro Australia since March 1996.
- Michael joined Shriro as a Divisional Manager in 1991 and his outstanding performance and passion for Shriro saw him progress to the Chief Executive Officer role. Since 1995, Michael has been responsible for the transformation and development of the Group.
- Prior to joining Shriro, Mike held sales and marketing roles with Estee Lauder, Breville, and Myer.
- Michael holds a Bachelor of Business.
- Vasco Fung has been a director of Shriro Australia since December 1997 and has over 30 years’ experience in various industries.
- Vasco is the Group Chief Executive Officer of Shriro Pacific Ltd., an international investment group with distribution, manufacturing and retail businesses in Asia Pacific, North America and Europe.
- Vasco is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Greg Laurie was appointed to the Board of Shriro Holdings Limited in April 2015.
- Greg has extensive experience in a number of manufacturing and distribution industries. Greg was Finance Director of Crane Group Limited for almost 15 years until 2003. Prior to that he was the Chief Financial Officer of then top 100 listed company, Rheem Australia Limited.
- He is currently an independent Non-Executive Director of Bradken Limited, Nick Scali Limited and Big River Group Pty Ltd. He is Chairman of the audit and risk committees of both Bradken and Nick Scali.
- In 2005 – 2007, Greg was a Non-Executive Director and then Chairman of Repco Corporation Limited.
- Greg holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of New South Wales and an advanced management qualification from the University of Pittsburgh.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM